DevOps System Administrator
Individual applicants only. Please, no head hunters, consultants, or recruiters.
Freeport Metrics is a growing software design and development firm with a diverse range of projects and opportunities. We collaborate with our corporate and startup clients, to invent and build products that look to the future. With expert teams in the US and Poland, we have the creative talent to imagine and the technical skills to deliver. Our greatest asset is our people...and we’re looking to add one more!
We are looking for a Dev Ops System Administrator to work directly with our software engineering teams. You’ll be supporting automation and monitoring of the multiple steps of software development, from integration, testing, releasing to deployment and infrastructure management.
EmploymentFull-time or part-time, flexible employment options (umowa o pracę, umowa o świadczenie usług z osobą prowadzącą działalność gospodarczą)
Project IndustryVariety! - Software House (e.g., finance, healthcare, and energy)
Company Size40+ (US & Poland locations)
What You'll Do
- Design, configuration and oversight of staging & production cloud-hosted managed environments
- Design, configuration and oversight of continuous integration (CI) and deployment infrastructure with cloud providers and locally
- Manage/configure servers for Atlassian stack e.g. JIRA (Atlassian hosted or bring in internally)
- Management and configuring integrations between miscellaneous cloud development/support tools (e.g. Slack, Google Suite etv. )
- Manage git repositories (Bitbucket, GitHub, other)
- Designing and maintaining consistent security strategy for all services
- Automating and documenting all steps along the way
What You'll Need
- At least 1 year experience in similar role
- University degree or equivalent professional experience in IT field
- The ability to clearly communicate to peers and clients and process feedback along the way
- Ability, and willingness to learn new technologies
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, isolate, and solve problems
- Experience configuring cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform, Windows Azure or Amazon Web Services (at least one)
- System administration experience with Linux environments
- Working knowledge of a programming language
- Understanding security best practices and strong security focus
- Good English verbal and written communication skills ( B2/C1 proficiency)
- Experience working together with software development teams
- Security experience, or security related vocational certification such as CEH, CCNA, or CCNA Security
- Databases administration experience
- Experience in managing networks, working in SLA controlled environments
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Familiarity with containerization solutions (Docker)
- Practical knowledge of automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation...)
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits (incl. private health & dental care for individual or family, Multisport card).
- Opportunity to work on projects for a variety of our clients, including US-based startups and established companies
- Collaboration with skilled, smart, international co-workers and clients.
- Professional development benefits (reimbursements for training and/or certifications, books, subsidized post-graduate work, conferences, etc.)
- Mentorship and training on security policies and third party services management (Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Bright, spacious office with character located in the center of Warsaw. It’s an informal yet professional environment. Kitchen and dining rooms included. Sneakers and bicycles are welcome
The Application & Recruitment Process
Please send your resume and a short cover letter telling us a little about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org (in the title please add reference Dev Ops_09/17). The recruitment process will consist of a combination of these steps:
- CV/cover letter review
- phone interview
- on-site interview
Make sure to review and add the following annotation to your application:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (Dz. U. nr 133 poz. 883).