IT System Administrator
Individual applicants only. Please, no head hunters, consultants, or recruiters.
Freeport Metrics is a growing software design and development firm with a diverse range of projects and opportunities. We collaborate with our corporate and startup clients, to invent and build products that look to the future. With expert teams in the US and Poland, we have the creative talent to imagine and the technical skills to deliver. Our greatest asset is our people...and we’re looking to add one more!
We are looking for an IT System Administrator to join our team that would be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying and supporting our internal teams’ computer, software & network configurations locally and on the cloud. We are seeking a self-disciplined problem solver who is open minded, creative, and eager to learn.
EmploymentFull-time or part-time, flexible employment options (umowa o pracę, umowa o świadczenie usług z osobą prowadzącą działalność gospodarczą)
Company Size40+ (US & Poland locations)
What You'll Do
- Proactively influence our IT policies providing a stable, secure work environment for our consulting and operation teams
- Continuous improvement of the office network (LAN, WAN support), storage, and backup servers
- Help select and purchase new hardware and software
- IT asset inventory management & tracking
- 1st/2nd line network and helpdesk support including mostly Mac OS X macbooks, and some Windows PCs. Analyzing and isolating issues, as well as troubleshooting problems reported by the internal users and clients. (mostly tech colleagues on site so this is expected to be small part of role)
- Thoughtfully analyze and clearly communicate technical recommendations to smoothly deliver new IT solutions
- Administering and auditing software deployments, security updates, and updates across computers, servers, and smartphones (iOS & Android).
- Providing technical IT training for new team members, as well as the current company staff
What You'll Need
- At least 1 year experience in similar role (part-time or full-time)
- Completed some university courses or certification courses in IT field (a high school graduate)
- English verbal and written communication skills ( B2/C1 proficiency)
- Highly organized and attention to detail
- Ability, and willingness to learn new technologies
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, isolate, and solve problems
- Patience and professionalism
- Personal character and work ethic
- CISCO certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
- Microsoft certifications: MCSA
- Security experience, or security related vocational certification such as CEH
- Experience in managing networks, working in SLA controlled environments
- Linux, Mac OS X system administration experience
- Experience managing mac work environments w/ macOS Server
- Working knowledge of any programming language
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits (incl. private health & dental care for individual or family, Multisport card).
- Collaboration with skilled, smart, international co-workers and clients.
- Professional development benefits (reimbursements for training and/or certifications, books, subsidized post-graduate work, conferences, etc.) with opportunity to grow over time into other roles such as DevOps, QA, or Software Developer.
- Bright, spacious office with character located in the center of Warsaw. It’s an informal yet professional environment. Kitchen, dining, and rec rooms included. Sneakers and bicycles are welcome.
The Application & Recruitment Process
Please send your resume and a short cover letter telling us a little about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org (in the title please add reference no. IT Admin_09/17). The recruitment process will consist of a combination of these steps:
- CV/cover letter review
- phone interview
- on-site interview
Make sure to review and add the following annotation to your application:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (Dz. U. nr 133 poz. 883).