Senior Java Software Developer/Architect
Individual applicants only. Please, no head hunters, consultants, or recruiters.
At Freeport Metrics, our greatest asset is our people. We have assembled a team of amazingly talented people, and we’re looking to add one more. We are seeking self-disciplined individuals who are passionate about technology and committed to outstanding product quality and customer service.
We develop custom web and mobile applications for healthcare, financial services, energy and government clients, as well as start-ups. We use multiple test automation frameworks and we apply Agile methodology principles to our development and management process. We aspire to write beautiful code for applications that make users happy, and the world a better, more efficient place.
Come join our team as a hands-on developer creating innovative applications & more. This position requires a mastery in software development. We are seeking self-disciplined and enthusiastic programmers to join our team.
EmploymentFull-time with flexible employment options (umowa o świadczenie usług z osobą prowadzącą działalność gospodarczą)
Project IndustryVariety! - Software House (e.g., finance, healthcare, and energy)
What You'll Do
- Produce skillfully crafted software in all tiers of a web application - both back-end and front-end
- Build high performance, fault tolerant architecture for large workloads
- Thoughtfully analyze and clearly communicate technical recommendations
- Develop and improve secure and fast back-end code exposed by well designed APIs
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior colleagues
- Keep up with changes and trends in the industry and implement those onto our standards
- Proactively influence our business (improving our methodology, sales, work environment, etc.)
What You'll Need
- Excellent knowledge of JAVA server programming key technologies and frameworks
- 3+ years experience with JAVA web application development
- Broad understanding of software engineering landscape i.e. available technologies, programming techniques (beyond Java world)
- Deep knowledge of SQL and relational database design (including optimisation)
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Proven analytical, planning, and software design skills
- Practical experience with writing unit, integration and functional tests
- Working knowledge of build and continuous integration tools
- Readiness and interest to learn new technologies
- IT-related university degree or equivalent work experience
- Passion for getting things done well
- Proven English oral and written communication skills
- Experience with building distributed systems
- Flink or equivalent data streaming experience
- Kafka or equivalent queuing mechanism experience
- NoSQL databases skills
- Mobile application development experience: iOS, Android
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Knowledge of any others web development tools/frameworks, not listed above
- Basic system administration (Windows/Linux/Database) skills
- Cloud experience: AWS
- Responsive website development
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits (incl. private health & dental care for individual or family, Multisport card).
- Opportunity to work on projects for a variety of our clients, including US-based startups and established companies
- Collaboration with skilled, smart, international co-workers and clients.
- Bright, spacious office with character located in the center of Warsaw. It’s an informal yet professional environment. Kitchen, dining, and rec rooms included. Sneakers and bicycles are welcome.
- Realistic, collaborative approach to estimation and planning allowing for work-life balance!
- Modern, agile development practices
- Choice in development toolset mix (hardware and software) such as workstation, MacBook, IDE of choice, etc.
- Other professional growth benefits (e.g., regular “tech shares” for knowledge sharing, subsidized post-graduate education & training, conferences, books, etc.)
The Application & Recruitment Process
Please send your resume to email@example.com (in the title please add reference Architect_Senior Java Developer_12/17). Cover letters are welcome. The recruitment process will consist of a combination of these steps:
- CV/cover letter review
- phone interview
- on-site interviews
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2014, item 1182, 1662)”