Senior Developer - Ruby on Rails
Individual applicants only. Please, no head hunters, consultants, or recruiters. NO THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
Freeport Metrics is a growing software design and development firm with a diverse range of projects and opportunities. We collaborate with our corporate and startup clients, to invent and build products that look to the future. With expert teams in the US and Poland, we have the creative talent to imagine and the technical skills to deliver. Our greatest asset is our people...and we’re looking to add one more!
EmploymentFull-time with flexible employment options (umowa o pracę, umowa o świadczenie usług z osobą prowadzącą działalność gospodarczą)
Project IndustryVariety! - Software House (e.g., finance, healthcare, and energy)
What You'll Do
- Produce skillfully crafted software in all tiers of a web application - both back-end and front-end
- Develop and improve responsive and mobile friendly web applications
- Thoughtfully analyze and clearly communicate technical recommendations
- Develop and improve secure and fast back-end code exposed by well designed APIs
- Keep up with changes and trends in the industry and implement those onto our standards
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior colleagues
- Proactively influence our business (improving our methodology, sales, work environment, etc.)
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience with web application development
- Experience/knowledge of backend programming using Ruby (Rails, Sinatra)
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Proven analytical, planning, and software design skills
- Practical experience with writing unit, integration and functional tests
- Working knowledge of build and continuous integration tools
- Readiness and interest to learn new technologies
- IT-related university degree or equivalent work experience
- Passion for getting things done well
- Proven English oral and written communication skills
- Mobile/Responsive website development experience using Bootstrap
- Database design and SQL skills with RDMS or NoSQL databases
- Mobile application development experience: iOS, Android
- Experience/knowledge of stylesheets processors (Sass, LESS)
- Knowledge of any others web development tools, not listed above
- Basic system administration (Windows/Linux/Database) skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits (incl. private health & dental care for individual or family, Multisport card).
- Collaboration with skilled, smart, international co-workers and clients.
- Bright, spacious office with character located in the center of Warsaw. It’s an informal yet professional environment. Kitchen, dining, and rec rooms included. Sneakers and bicycles are welcome.
- Modern, agile development practices maximizing client and developer satisfaction. A realistic, collaborative approach to estimation and planning allowing for work-life balance.
- Opportunity to work on projects for a variety of our clients, including US-based startups and established companies. Plus, plenty of opportunities to gain experience in non-Microsoft technologies.
- Choice in development toolset mix (hardware and software) such as workstation, MacBook, IDE of choice, etc.
- Professional growth benefits (e.g., regular “tech lunches” for knowledge sharing, hackathons, subsidized post-graduate education & training, conferences, books, etc.)
The Application & Recruitment Process
Please send your resume to email@example.com (in the title please add reference Senior Software Developer - Ruby on Rails). Cover letters are welcome. The recruitment process will consist of a combination of these steps:
- CV/cover letter review
- phone interview
- on-site interviews
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2014, item 1182, 1662).”